Attorney - Jonathan E. Shook
He has represented a wide variety of individuals who have been denied an employee benefit obtained through their employment, including short-term disability benefits, long-term disability benefits, severance plan benefits, and retirement or pension benefits. Mr. Shook has represented individuals across the State of Oklahoma and in all three federal district courts in the State.
Mr. Shook is an AV® Preeminent rated lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell, which indicates that his fellow lawyers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence. He has also been recognized as an Oklahoma Super Lawyer from 2008 through 2015 by Super Lawyers, which is a service of Thomson Reuters.
In 2015, Mr. Shook was ranked in the Top 50 of the lawyers recognized as an Oklahoma Super Lawyer.
He is a chapter contributor to a recently published ABA book, Litigating the Workplace Harassment Case, where he authored Chapter 12, "Responding to Summary Judgment: Plaintiff's Perspective."
Areas of Practice:
- Employment Law - Representing Employees
- Employee benefits law (ERISA) - Representing Individuals
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Oklahoma, 1997
- U.S. District for the Northern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District for the Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District for the Eastern District of Oklahoma
- United States Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- University of Tulsa College of Law, Tulsa, Oklahoma, 1996, J.D. with honors
- Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia, 1992, M.B.A.
- University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma, 1987, B.A. Majors: Economics and Political Science
Professional Association and Memberships:
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Tulsa Employment Lawyers Association
- American Inns of Court
- Schwob v. Standard Insurance Co., 37 Fed. Appx. 465 (10th Cir. 2002)
- Horn v. Cendant Operations, Inc., 2003 WL 21513210 (10th Cir. 2003)
- Transwestern Publishing, L.L.C. v. Langdon, 84 P.3d 804 (Okla. Ct. App. 2004)
- Saffa v. Oklahoma Oncology, Inc., 405 F.Supp.2d 1280 (N.D. Okla. 2005)
- Silver v. CPC-Sherwood Manor, Inc., 151 P.3d 127 (Okla. 2006)
- Holt v. Grand Lake Mental Health Ctr., 443 F.3d 762 (10th Cir. 2006)
- Turgeau v. Administrative Review Bd., 446 F.3d 1052 (10th Cir. 2006)
- Boyles v. AG Equipment Co., 506 F.Supp.2d 809 (N.D. Okla. 2007)
- Schwob v. Standard Ins. Co., 2007 U.S. App. Lexis 21541 (10th Cir. 2007)
- Grand Lake Marina, LTD v. Grand River Dam Authority, 2008 OK CIV APP 4, 177 P.3d 1104 (Okla. Ct App. 2008)
Tinkler v. Level 3 Communications, LLC, 2008 WL 199901 (N.D. Okla. Jan. 22, 2008)
- Galutza v. Hartford Life and Accident Ins. Co., 2010 WL 1329985 (N.D. Okla., March 30, 2010)
- Duvall v. Georgia Pacific Consumer Products, LP, 607 F.3d 1255 (10th Cir. 2010)
- Miller v. Nordam Group, Inc., 2013 WL 6080268 (N.D. Okla., November 19, 2013)
- Simmons v. DNC Hospitality Mgmt. of Okla., LLC, 2015 U.S. LEXIS 94199 (E.D. Okla. 2015)
- McMillan v. AT&T Umbrella Benefit Plan No. 1, 2016 WL 528230 (N.D. Okla. Feb. 9, 2016)