About the Firm

Shook & Johnson is a boutique Tulsa law firm dedicated to providing exceptional service to our clients in focus practiced areas.  We founded our firm in 2002, and our lawyers have years of experience in all aspects of our select practice areas, including:

  • Employment Law & Litigation
  • Employee Benefits & ERISA Litigation
  • Business Law & Transactions
  • Bankruptcy
  • Estate Planning & Probate

Through our employment law & litigation practice, we represent employees in all manner of employment‑related claims, including discrimination, harassment, retaliation, whistleblowing, wrongful discharge, breach of contract, unpaid wages, and violations of the Family and Medical Leave Act. We also counsel clients about non-compete agreements and severance agreements.

In our employee benefits & litigation practice, we principally represent clients with ERISA-governed claims for short and long term disability benefits, but we also represent clients in benefit-related claims concerning life insurance, accidental death benefits, retirement/pension benefits, severance pay, and stock options.

Our full-service business law and business transactions’ practice includes business formation and governance, asset protection and estate planning, and contract negotiation and drafting involving buy‑sell agreements, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, and business sales or purchases.

Shook & Johnson also provides experienced counseling and representation to individuals who may need debt relief.  We are a debt relief agency.  We help people file for bankruptcy under the Bankruptcy Code.  In particular, when appropriate, we help individuals with both consumer and business debts in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcies.  Initial consultations for bankruptcy are free at Shook & Johnson.

Our firm also provides estate planning advice and counsel, drafts wills and trust, and represents clients in Oklahoma court probate proceedings.

If you need advice regarding a legal problem in one of our focused practice areas, please contact one of our attorneys and we will be glad to assist you.